Wednesday, March 2, 2011

un día

In one day, I will be leaving for Atenas, Costa Rica from good ol' Asheville, North Carolina, bright and early. I am partially packed (meaning I've taken everything out of my closet and moved it to the floor) and maybe a little nervous. Spanish-speaking is not my forté (irony, anyone?), but I am eager to challenge myself. I am also eager to lay on a beach in 85 degree weather. Not sure which one is taking precedent in my mind at the moment...
Really, though. This will be a fabulous trip. We're visiting the volcano Poas, interacting with local students (and our individual Costa Rican families), discussing business and economics with experts, working with an organic coffee cooperative, taking a zip line canopy tour, participating in a Latin dance class (this will be an interesting entry, I can assure you, considering my dancing skills), and also spending a day in Playa Jaco...this is a beach...did I mention the temperatures there?
So, let me see how many more pairs of underwear and tiny bottles of shampoo I can shove into my carry on, and then let las aventuras empiecen...
Oh, and I hope the blog title isn't too cheesy for you. I couldn't resist.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, yay! I'm excited to read this. Have so much fun. Jealous that you get to go to the beeeeeeeach!

    ReplyDelete